Thursday, July 31
I absolutely love receiving surprise packages in the post, and today, the beautiful people at ASOS sent me a T-Shirt that says 'Share a Diet Coke with Brogan'.. HOW COOL IS THIS? I was gutted a bottle didn't exist with my name, but now I've got a T-Shirt! Cheers guys ;D
So what's Treasure Hunk I hear you say? It's a chance for US to be involved in a cool opportunity to win prizes! Diet Coke have teamed up with ASOS to launch this six-week summer competition, with the chance to get your hands on a host of prizes, including a T-Shirt with your name on (like mine!), discount codes and a sterling silver ring-pull necklace, which I've definitely got my eye on!
Each day, ASOS will hide Diet Coke 'hunks' in places across the website. All you have to do is listen to the clue and find him with a Diet Coke T-Shirt on, simple! There's daily winners at random and after the six weeks, one grand prize winner for a bespoke nine-carat, rose gold, diamond encrusted pendant worth £4,500, designed by jeweller Katie Rowland. *insets emoji with heart eyes*
Treasure Hunk has been launched in celebration of the 20th anniversary of the Diet Coke Hunk and I will definitely be getting involved. Thanks again ASOS, you da best. MWAH.
Monday, July 21
A couple of weeks ago, I ordered online from The Body Shop for the very first time. I discovered a code on their website which gave me £20 off when I spent £40, free shopping and a free gift, meaning I got all of this for only £20, bargain!
- Inflatable Bath Pillow - £8.00 - This is possibly the most ingenious thing I've purchased recently. You blow it up just like a lilo, and it has grips that stick to the wall, allowing you to have pillow in the bath! I have a bath at least once a week, normally for a bit of relaxation 'me' time, so having this pillow makes it that extra bit more relaxing.
- Luxury Facial Flannel - There's only so much you can elaborate about a flannel but seriously, this is amaazzinnggg. It dries hard and when run under warm water, turns into possibly the softest cloth to use to remove your make up, cleanser or face wash. What's even better, is that the material is really easy to wash, meaning my make up literally comes straight off when I run it back under the water! Just try it, seriously.
- Organic Cotton Pad - If I'm not using my Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish with my new flannel, then I grab my Bioderma and use cotton pads. These are lovely and soft, with the added bonus of being organic. Super lovely quality with different textures on either side too.
- Chocomania Shower Cream - This definitely smells better when you use it rather than in the bottle, but unfortunately, it just isn't my favourite and I gave it to my brother to finish. I'm trying the Moringa scent next, it's much more subtle however, I do normally always end up going back to Lush's Shower Gels!
- Vitamin E Moisture Cream & Eye Cream - After hearing that their Moisture Cream is a best seller, I was pleasantly surprised to receive this as my 'free gift'. Turns out that I don't love this as much as my Clinique moisturiser however, it still has a place on my desk and I'm going to carry on trying it. In regards to the eye cream, this goes on like a treat and definitely helps to hydrate under my eyes, avoid puffiness and reduce redness. I'm enjoying it, just struggling to add 'eye cream' as a step in my skincare routine!
- Honey Bronze Bronzing Powder - With summer well and truly with us (hello sunshine!), I wanted to stay looking golden and invested in a lovely new bronzer. I like this, but I don't love it. I got shade two which is fair matte, but I think number three would have been absolutely fine on me, depsite being quite fair skinned. I'd recommend going into store and swatching this one, but it is a pretty lovely product.
Wednesday, July 16
If you're subscribed to my YouTube channel (No? Where have you been?!), then you may have already seen that I vlogged for the whole duration of my recent trip to Rome, but I also had over 500 photos and thought I'd share my favourite ones. Back in April, I ended a two year relationship and rung my good friend Tamsin to offload. During our almost two hour phone call that evening she said, "lets just go away, do a girly city break! Ever been to Rome?". I've always wanted to visit, but it genuinely hadn't crossed my mind that we could actually go, and the idea was suddenly so very appealing. A few days later, Tamsin booked the hotel and I found us flights. Just like that.
We jetted off at the end of June for 4 days and 3 nights of sights, shopping and satisfying our bellies with Italian cuisine. I could sit here all day and tell you the individual things we did but to summarise, Rome is one of the most beautiful cities I have ever been too. Everything was the perfect balance of old and pretty, the weather was boiling and I felt like a different me when I came home. I'd opened my eyes to so much history and walked miles across the streets of the city to see places I didn't even know existed. Being a food lover, the pizza and Gelato were my absolute favourites plus, the tiramisu we shared on our last dinner was absolutely heavenly. Mmmmm.
I only missed out on the Trevi Fountain and Sistine Chapel, so I will 100% be returning in the not so distant future. I have so many memories from this trip, massive thank you to Tamsin for putting up with my moaning about the heat, loud giggling and constant chit chat to the camera, she's an absolute babe and I love her a lot. Just in case you missed it and have 20 minutes spare, here's day one vlog below...ciao!