I've never had an amazing hair dryer so I'm really not sure how to compare but before this, I also had a Vidal Sassoon white hair dryer which I got in TKMaxx a few years ago. So when I was contacted and asked if I would like to try out the Shine Envy range, I thought I would see how this hair dryer compared to my old one and more importantly, what it is really like!
- 'Ionic conditioning' locks in moisture to keep hair healthy and frizz-free - I'm not sure on this claim. It did lock in moisture but I can't say that it made my hair any healthier or frizz-free. The ionic or 'ion dial' feature is at the back of the hair dryer, but I honestly have no idea what use it has.
- 2 speed and 2 temperature settings - I found that two settings is just not really enough. I realistically would like more for better results. The dryer only really goes slow or really fast and could do with a something in between. Also, the placing of the buttons is really odd. Every time I try to switch the dryer off, I found myself hitting the other settings.
- Hanging loop for easy storage - I like this concept, but I have absolutely no where to hang the hairdryer! Think it would be better to have some sort of clip or feature to bundle the wire together when not in use.
- Concentrator nozzle for controlled styling - I wouldn't buy a hairdryer without this as its so important! The nozzle never fell off during styling and is a good size.
- Shine Envy orange colour - Inspired from the fashion world, they've used an orange colour which was a key autumn/winter shade. Unfortunately, I don't really like this and would just prefer black, maybe even matte black with glitter would be pretty!
I'll be honest, it's a good hairdryer but its nothing special. I think I would be disappointed if I had paid close to £50 for it. The cord is long and overall, its lightweight to use. However, the results didn't give me any 'wow' factor. I would recommend this for a younger audience or someone with short hair. For someone like me with thick curly hair, I need more from a hair dryer. If you would like to see the dryer in use, its in my recent video on 'creating celeb curls' which you can watch here.